The Long View Alliance of Wisconsin is a non-profit comprised of local, concerned citizens who have banded together to inform the public about the potential hazardous impacts of Pattern LLC’s proposed Uplands Wind Farm on the people and places of SW Wisconsin.
We’re here to ask you:
- Do you want to see 170 Industrial Wind Turbines in every direction on this beautiful landscape?
- Did you know they can be as close as 1250ft – ONLY 1/4 mile from your home OR business?
- Did you know that they can affect your health?
- Did you know that property values go down when +600ft Industrial Wind Turbines go up?
- Did you know they can interrupt phone and TV signals AND blind weather DOPPLER RADAR?
Get the facts!
Download our information packet here.
- Modern wind turbines are very, very large– 650 feet high-double the size and power of those we see in Montfort.
- Wisconsin’s out of date permitting allows turbines to be placed only 1250 feet from occupied homes, farms, businesses or community centers.
- Wind turbines create intense air pressure waves that make some people so sick they are forced to leave their homes. Health effects from the larger, 650′ turbines have not been independently tested and may not be provided.
- Independent, academic studies find that property values drop and that local economies suffer declining tax bases over time.
- Unregulated or “merchant” utilities want to build five, industrial-scale wind power plants across the Driftless Area including the 250 square mile Uplands Wind proposal with approximately 170 turbines.
Public Information Meeting
Wednesday, Sept. 28, 6:30-7:30 pm
Quality Inn, Mineral Point